This France tour is the perfect way to see the highlights of Paris plus Brittany, the Loire Valley, and the World War II landing beaches in Normandy in a short amount of time. Beautiful scenery combined with famous landmarks, charming chateaux, and fascinating history sum up this tour-with overnights in Paris, elegant Deauville, Caen, Mont St. Michel, and the Loire Valley.World War II history comes to life as you focus on some of the locations involved in D-Day, June 6, 1944. You'll visit the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach and Juno Beach Center and Park. Go even further back in history when you visit the famous 8th-century Abbey of Mont St. Michel perched on a rocky isle; the 13th-century gothic cathedral in Chartres; and the jewel of the French Renaissance, Chateau Chambord in the Loire Valley, and a huge castle with towers on all corners. Also visit the 16th-century chateau of Catherine de Medici, Chenonceau, and a fairy-tale castle with a moat, drawbridge, and towers. To give you a sense of the culture, Globus has also included some out-of-the-ordinary treats. Enjoy a special visit to Claude Monet's house and gardens in Giverny, created by the master himself; and a wine tasting at a wine cellar in Civray de Touraine.From the scenic beauty to the charming experiences, this French tour is sure to delight all of your senses!
Call (616) 583-1900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14250291
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris! At 5:30 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant and an orientation drive for a first impression of this magnificent city. (D)|
|Day 2||Paris||In the morning, an optional excursion to the impressive Palace and Gardens of Versailles, built by the 'Sun King,' Louis XIV, is available. Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Opera, Madeleine, Champs-Elysees, and Arc de Triomphe. Visit magnificent NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL with its Rose Windows. Later, you may wish to join an optional excursion to the artists' hill of Montmartre, followed by a relaxing cruise on the beautiful Seine River. (B)|
|Day 3||Deauville||In [LF] Giverny, a highlight visit has been included to CLAUDE MONET'S HOUSE AND GARDENS The master of Impressionism created the flower- and water gardens himself, an inspiration for his famous water lily series Continue to Rouen and admire the facade of the cathedral, which was one of Monet's favorite subjects for his Series Paintings, where he captured how a subject was visually influenced by the ever-changing light. Twenty paintings of the cathedral existed, and many are today in Paris' Orsay Museum. Time to stroll along the lovely cobblestoned Rue du Gros-Horloge leading to the square where Joan of Arc was burned in 1431. Arrive in Deauville. This seaside resort is famous for its international film festival, and became home to the French high society. Don't forget to walk the Promenade des Planches, boards in tropical wood, built in 1923 so that the elegant ladies could walk on the beach without spoiling their dresses. (B)|
|Day 4||Caen||Focus on the scene of the Allied Forces' landing on D-Day, June 6, 1944. Take pictures of the Pegasus Bridge, visit JUNO BEACH CENTER and PARK, then stop at Gold Beach for a view of the Mulberry Harbor remains at Arromanches. Next is POINTE DU HOC. At OMAHA BEACH, see the Monument to the Braves, and visit the AMERICAN CEMETERY and memorial. Continue to Caen for your overnight stay. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Mont St Michel||In Bayeux, admire QUEEN MATILDA'S TAPESTRY, depicting in extraordinary detail William the Conqueror's conquest of England Time to further explore the town center before continuing to the Gulf of Saint-Malo. Look forward to a guided visit of the famous ABBEY OF MONT ST. MICHEL, with a history going back to the 8th-century and spectacularly perched on a rocky isle. Overnight on the coast near Mont St. Michel. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Loire Valley||Drive straight across Brittany via Chateaubriant to Angers, and take pictures of the impressive 13th-century castle. Then, continue your journey to the Loire Valley. Tonight, why not sample French cuisine at one of the area's excellent restaurants? (B)|
|Day 7||Loire Valley||A wonderful day: visit two of the most important castles in the area Start with the jewel of the French Renaissance, CHATEAU CHAMBORD The castle is the largest chateau in the Loire Valley, originally built to serve as a hunting lodge for Francis I Next is the 16th-century chateau of Catherine de Medici, lovely CHENONCEAU. End this fascinating day with a [LF] WINE TASTING at the Pere Auguste wine cellar in Civray de Touraine to learn about the local wines before returning to your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Paris||On your way to Paris, stop in Chartres and visit its superb 13th-century gothic CATHEDRAL-a jewel of medieval architecture Tonight, dinner and a lively cabaret show at one of Paris' nightclubs might just be the ticket! (B)|
|Day 9||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $720-$1,020No triple room reductionExtra nights per person in Paris:Pre tour: in single room $188-$611, in twin $114-$308, in triple $106-$264Post tour: in single room $221-$377, in twin $121-$199, in triple $155-$259
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).